Grateful
There seem to be so many things to be grateful for this 2011 year. As I look back on the year I realize what progress I have made here in Brazil. Last Thanksgiving I remember walking back from the grocery store in the hot sun,with 2 kids and a load full of groceries, and calling Ligleydson to tell him about the turkey meal I was trying to be excited about making. Well, he wasn't as "enthusiastic" as I would've liked him to be and for some reason that was my breaking point. So I sat down on a patch of grass and cried. I mean, I really cried! Seriously? Seriously. And of course it wasn't him, it was the fact that I was so far away from home, I wasn't used to anything, and just felt defeated in so many ways and it all just hit me how hard my new way of life was for me. I was soooo homesick on Thanksgiving.
Now one year later, today I went out and about to do some errands and I was noticing how I'm just used to everything now. Everything is so much easier. I enjoy the loudness on the streets, I don't notice the dirtiness of things like I used to, I know my way around the town. I actually have friends to talk to and things going on in my own little life. I feel the blessings of serving in the church, I feel such an overwhelming love for my husband and my kids, and everything just seems a bit easier. With saying that I am grateful that I am having this Brazilian experience and for all that it has taught me and made me. I am grateful for a husband that works so hard, that is always happy, that is the funnest Dad around, and loves me. I am so grateful for my Mom that calls me all the time, for my sister that I adore, for my Dad and brothers who I love so much, for my sweet Mimi that I think of often. I am grateful for the health of my two little "babies" and how much I love being their mom. I am grateful for all the little ones in my Primary that make me so happy and that make me want to plan the best activities and lessons for. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and for the happy path it keeps me living.
I am very grateful this Thanksgiving.
And even though we had macarrao today instead of turkey...what the hey....
Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

1 comment:
This is so sweet Meesh! You are truly amazing aren't you? Soon you'll be back on American soil and you will miss your little life there so much! I'm so proud of the way you have made the very most of this experience and learned so much about your family and yourself. I love you sister. And am grateful for YOU! See you in a few weeks! :)
Post a Comment