29.1.10

Hangin' in there...
Well, 2010 has brought some ugly weather and one impatient pregnant woman! :) I decided that is was much easier to be pregnant with Maile awaiting her due date in the warm summer with long nights and fun things going on. Now I await March 6th in cold weather and big sweaters and a pale face! :) Actually, I'm feeling okay all things considered and am just getting so excited for little boy barbosa to come!
Other than that it's wonderful to have Lee around more now that he's graduated. I'm not so sure he's stoked on the idea of doing dishes more and helping me around the house but hey- he's a pretty good little house-maker. As for Maile Nicole, she got her new "big bed" (this picture is from a "long" night of having to stay in her room and we found her in the morning like this) and is loving her little Dora purse that she takes everywhere. Supplied with cremes, chapstick, tic tacs, and little nail polish- what more could a girl want! :) She makes me smile every second. We had a "bad mom moment" last week and she was helping me in the kitchen and I turned my back for 2 seconds to put some water in the pan and she touched her palm of her hand on the hot stove. I felt soooo bad- and even though it's healing well I just look at her with that bandaged mitt and think to myself, "uhhh! Should've been watching closer!". People have been so nice though to tell me their little injury stories and it makes me realize stuff like this happens to everyone. Here is a little clip of her telling about her hand. The Dr. had to take off the dead skin today and luckily it didn't last for more than a few minutes, but then he put this huge bandage on her- luckily she thinks it's pretty neat. It looks like a punching glove!


3 comments:

marti said...

She is so cute! I love her little purse. I can't wait to see pictures of little baby boy as well. Glad to hear that you are feeling as good as can be expected:).

becca said...

hey miche.

i sent off a little baby boy package to you today! I did receive your cute present and so sorry for the slow response... I don't get out much and so i have been slow to send a thank you your way...because i wanted to just send it with your little present :)
be watching for a package in the mail.
hang in there with the last couple weeks of pregnancy. it is all worth it in the end!!

Danni and Brad said...

How come I can't get the video to work? It says it's unavailable right now ill have to try again later. She is so funny I'm sorry that happened! We miss you guys!!