22.4.10

Miss Maile....
Oh man- Maile has been cracking me up lately! Since I am at home all day now we have spent some real quality time together! Most days I just adore everything she does and other days I look for the "off button" as sometimes she just doesn't stop talking! "Mom? Mom? Look at me in the eyes! Can you hear me?!" Yes, she loves to have my undivided attention. She is my little buddy always giving me hugs and saying cute things. "So glad you're here Mama." or "Just the girls!" and she is definitely a good big sister always singing to Lucas when he cries and kissing him "on the lips" as she insists. We have been having a great time playing at the park, going to the zoo, taking family naps in my bed in the afternoon (halelujah!), going to the library, taking a trip to Grandma's house, going on outings with Daddy and Lucas, and walking everywhere in our double stroller! So glad Spring is here! We eat lots of "chicken muggets" "hangerbers" and make "breaksast" every morning together. :) These are just cute pictures of little Maile- one morning I woke up and she had been playing in the fridge, I opened it up and found 2 naked barbie dolls and a fairy wand placed so carefully on the shelves. Or how about this picture of how she got out of the bath and wanted to show me how she washed her hair "all by herself" with the front soaked and the back all dry. I need to catch more funny moments on camera as she's always up to something funny. We're trying to speak more "Portu-cheese" (as she calls it) but we won't move to Brazil until August so we've got some time to work on it. Anyways, we're doing well and adjusting to this family of 4! I couldn't picture my life without little Lucas. He makes the sweetest little sounds and is sleeping a little more through the night. I've been watching lots of "The Office" reruns and usually one "Full House" episode at 4am. Ha! Reminds me of my childhood. Well, nothing more exciting than that but we're feeling thankful for all we have. Now we just need to get our dang house rented out! :)









7 comments:

marsh said...

Love these pics.....Maile "cracks me up" too! They were so good tues. night - I'm going to miss them next week!

Abby and Ryann said...

Mich... cutest post. You're the best mommy! We really need to get together with you guys- we were so bummed we couldn't make it up to Snowbird the other weekend. And Brazil?! I need an update. Let's plan something soon. Tell cute lil' Maile hi!

Jake Conrad said...

You guys are the cutest. Love the Barbies in the fridge. I shudder to think of what gets hidden in ours.

Jen and Buzz said...

K she is a minnie you... So stinkin' cute and your baby is darling!!!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh my gosh. Adorable pictures of your cuties! Love that one of Maile in the plaid dress looking down. So sweet. Thanks for putting up some of her sayings and personality too. it's so fun to read. I am soooo glad you don't leave till Aug. i was semi freaking out that it was May. I will call you asap and we will plan when to get together. It's so silly cause i live right here, I can just roll over! Can't wait to catch up soon.
Love,
Yammel

melissa said...

i loved this post. maile is such a miche jr. that is just the cutest pics of the two of them looking at each other. i need to get my hands on that baby again.

Melissa said...

So good that you are cathing those moments on camera, I love it!. I can't imagine what having two will be like at this point, but I'm impressed how well you seem to be adjusting! We'll have to get together before you move to Brazil! and we are so sad we are missing Ted's wedding:(